BDS PKG STARTS FROM 8.8L (Including Hostel & Food)
Admission Guidance Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) 2020
Do you want Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Admission in Dental colleges of India?
Are you searching for Top Dental colleges to study Bachelor of Dental Surgery?
If your ambition is to become a doctor, studying the Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) course is one of the best options after MBBS.
Dentistry is among one of the popular profession in India for dental doctors.It is a branch of medicine which involves the study, diagnosis, prevention & treatment of teeth & oral cavity.To get Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) admission in India, appearing in the NEET UG exam is the only option.
Check out this latest guide to learn about BDS Admission in India.
You are going to learn about:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Admission 2020 in India
- Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Course in India
- Entrance Exam for Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Admission in India
- Demand for Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Course in India
- Career Opportunities after studying Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Course in India
- Top Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Dental Colleges with Course Fees in India
- Direct Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Admission without Donation in India
Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Admission Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Admission in India:
- You must have passed class 12th (10+2) boards exams successfully.
- Must have minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects in class 12th boards exam.You must have completed Senior Secondary examination with at least 50% marks to pursue the BDS course.Furthermore, You must have studied physics, chemistry, biology, and English as the main subject in class 12th.
- NEET UG entrance is conducted for admission in Bachelor of dental surgery course.On the basis of performance in the entrance test, You can get BDS admission.You must have good physical stamina & interest in Medical science to pursue Bachelor of dental surgery course.Before making BDS course Your career choice it is important that your parents have interest in dentistry.To complete the BDS course, You must have a strong mind, ability to handle the obnoxious smell and sight while performing the physical experiments.
Scope of Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) Course
With over 313 dental institutions & more than 5000 dental laboratories in India, the Dental industry is quite vast.It is predicted that India will become one of the largest dental market using dental products & materials.
There are a lot of multi-specialty hospitals in India offering general dentistry and specialist treatments.More than 99% of the Dental industry is private in India.
Many multinational companies have set up a chain of dental clinics to take advantage of the growing dental market such as:
- Apollo Hospitals
- Fortis Healthcare
Job opportunities for a dentist are relatively less in both public and private sector.More than 90% of Dentist have set up their own private clinic around the major cities of India.Every year approximately 12000 to 15000 dentist, starts a dental practice in India.The demand for dental treatments and products is expected to grow rapidly due to:
- Increase in the population & Income.
- Growing awareness of dental care.
- Technological Advancement in the field of dentistry.
- Introduction of new products to reduce patient discomfort and shorten healing time.
Around 47.2% of the total population above 65 year age suffers from periodontal diseases.
After completing the BDS course, You can go for the post graduation course in dentistry.
You can pursue master dental surgery in various specialisations such as:
Post graduate training is for three years in the concerned speciality. Master of Dental Surgery ( MDS ) is offered in the following subjects -
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Community Dentistry
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Medicine Diagnosis and Radiology.
Dental education in India is regulated by the Dental Council of India
What is Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS )
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) is a five-year undergraduate programme, offered in dental colleges. The course leads to dental degree, which is one of the most sought after qualifications in the field of medical science. While pursuing the course, one learns about different aspects of dental science, which includes various forms of treatment including surgical procedure.Dental materials, Dental anatomy & Oral histology, Oral Pathology, Community Dentistry, Pedodontics, Oral Medicine & Radiology are some of the topics that are generally taught.
After pursuing Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) course, one can work as dentist in government or private hospitals or open up his/her own clinic, to serve the society. Apart from being a service to humanity, career in the field of dental science is one of the most lucrative options in the present time.
In India, training in dentistry is through a 5 year BDS ( Bachelor of Dental Surgery ) course, which includes 4 years of study followed by one year of internship.